Core Technology Facility
The Core Technology Facility provides state-of-the-art “grow-on” and incubation space for biotechnology and hi-tech start-ups or SMEs, to complement the existing successful Manchester Incubator Building. Its aim is to increase the number of fast growing biotechnology, hi-tech and low carbon companies in the Northwest region.
The four-storey CTF complements the existing incubator facility by providing additional turnkey laboratory modules, flexi-lab areas for “grow-on”, meeting rooms and conferencing facilities.
The specification of the CTF building is as follows:
- 173,000 ft sq (16,060 m sq) bioscience incubator facilities and related infrastructure
- 4 modular laboratories each 2,153 ft sq (200 m sq), comprising fitted out write-up and wet-lab areas, equipped for functioning at ACGM Containment Level 2 with the capability of conversion to Level 3.
- 4 “flexi-lab” areas each with 5,380 ft sq (500 m sq) of grow-on space (either wet-lab, office or a combination of both)
- Bioinformatics area for companies specialising in bioinformatics, medical informatics and all forms of software/computing development and commercialisation
- Located in the vibrant Manchester Corridor
- Site facilities appropriate for a fully functional biotech operational facility, including shared secondary support equipment, emergency generator and IT support including broadband access.
- Reception and street area
- Office areas for SMEs and start-ups
- Staff and visitor parking
- Full 24h security cover on site including control door access and swipe card, constant external patrols by qualified and CCTV site coverage.
- Meeting Rooms – a suite of rooms capable of holding 8, 20 or 50 people
- Conferencing facilities available for booking by tenants or external users.
- Access to video conferencing
To view and print this information in further detail, please download the pdf here